Thursday, March 18, 2010

38 weeks and counting

So, I've never made it past 38.5 weeks, but I feel like this baby will make it to next Friday. He is very high and my cervix is long and closed, according to Dr. Healy. Honestly, he can stay in as long as he needs. I'm in no hurry--I'm almost ready, but we still have several projects left. The handyman is coming this weekend to finish up some around the house work while we have breakfast, head down to the Gap Outlet for summer clothes for the boys, and have lunch. Hopefully they'll nap on the way back and the house will be done when we return.
We can check off a project that we started on last week--Carter is finally on a better sleep schedule, is not taking a bottle AT ALL, and is falling asleep on his own. We put him down around 8:30 after a bath and book and let him go on his own. At first, we were going in in 5-7 minute intervals, and it took almost an hour to help him get to sleep. Now, we put him down and within 5 minutes, he's knocked out. He may wake up looking for his pacifier once in the night, but he is good to go until 6:30. And, he doesn't need a bottle when he gets up. YES!
Tonight's mission: finish packing my bag, pack the boys' bags' (never know when labor may start and if they'll need to spend the night with a friend) and wash Jacob's clothes to pack his bag.


I'll be 39 weeks on Tuesday and my last day at work is Wednesday. My plan is to take the boys to school as normal on Friday, be at the hospital at 10:00 a.m. (Section is scheduled for noon) and have my mom pick them up from school to meet Jacob that afternoon.

It's getting close to time!!

No comments: